Kaukapakapa Library administrators and organisers of the Kaukapakapa Market have announced a new photographic competition to coincide with Auckland’s Festival of Photography.
The competition is for any photographs obviously taken in the Kaukapakapa area on Saturday June 10 - social, personal, sporting, pets - in fact anything which could be included in a collection of images under the heading “A Day in The Life of Kaukapakapa”. A maximum of three digital images per entrant must be received by 6pm Monday June 12 at email@example.com. One picture from each entry will be printed and displayed in the Kaukapakapa Hall during the market on the morning of Sunday 18th June.
“Kaukapakapa” is defined as an area from Makarau to Helensville, Kaukapakapa to Waitoki.
It must be emphasized that any photographs entered for “A Day in the Life of Kaukapakapa” must be taken during the 24 hours preceding midnight on Saturday June 10th and are not eligible for the Auckland Day Festival Competition.
Prizes will be presented to the best Junior Photograph for Under 12 photographers, the best Over 12 Photograph and a People’s Choice Photograph. Winning photographers will each receive an A3 canvas print of their winning image and a $50.00 Westfield voucher
Awards will be presented in the hall at midday on Sunday 18 June during the Kaukapakapa Market. The People’s Choice winner will be chosen from the images displayed during the morning of the market.
1. The 3 categories are: Under 12, Over 12 and People’s Choice.
2. The competition is open to any Auckland Council resident.
3. A maximum of 3 images must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on Monday June 12, along with the photographer’s name, telephone number, address and age if 12 or under.
4. Judges will consist of photographer Colin Lunt, Kaukapakapa Library administrator Megan Paterson and Kaukapakapa Market organizer Sarah Legg. The decision of the judges is final and will be announced along with the People’s Choice at mid-day, Sunday June 18 in Kaukapakapa Hall.
5. Photographs must be obviously taken in the Kaukapakapa area (defined as an area from Makarau to Helensville, Kaukapakapa to Waitoki) during the 24 hours preceding midnight on Saturday June 10, 2017.
6. Only digital images will be accepted, with a maximum of three images from each entry.
7. All sizes and standards of images are acceptable.
8. Any images displaying illegal or pornographic activity will not be accepted and will be returned immediately to the sender.
9. Photographs entered in the competition will be understood to be the personal property of the photographer, who also holds copyright of the image. Please also obtain the permission of people photographed.
10. The organisers have the right to publish any of the photographs during the 12 months following the competition to promote Kaukapakapa, the Kaukapakapa Library and Kaukapakapa Market. All images published by the organisers will be credited to the photographer and any income received donated to the Kaukapakapa Library. If necessary a ‘Model Release Form’ will also be required before publishing.
11. Photographers will also have the right to publish and/or sell their own photographs after Sunday June 18, 2017, so long as reference is made as “Photograph entered in A Day in the Life of Kaukapakapa Competition 2017”.
For more information please see www.clc-photographic.com or contact:
Megan Paterson, 021 959017, email@example.com
or Colin Lunt, 0273 704188, firstname.lastname@example.org