Kia ora, hello
I am proud to be standing for N.Z. First in our local area as your “Candidate” for Kaipara ki Mahurangi. My local knowledge, experience in Local Government and Not for-Profit Organisations, plus local grassroots work is my point of difference.
We need diversity in the chambers of parliament, which is N.Z. First, who have been quietly working hard since 2017 election. Below are a few highlights:3
- Revamped the Gold Card to the Super Gold Card and Winter Energy Payment for Seniors
- Significant investment into the Northern Rail Line, creating local work opportunities.
- Progressively increase the minimum wage to $20 per hour by 2020, with final increase to take effect in April 2021.
- Re-establish the Mental Health Commission
- Free doctors’ visits for all under 14s, started end of 2018
- Increased funding for family violence networks, including Women’s Refuge and Shakti
- Increase support for National Science Challenges, including for piloting alternatives to 1080. Provincial Growth Funded $19.5 million to Predator Free 2050 for alternative eradication, actioned in February 2019.
I hope you and your family are keeping well in these unpredicted times. The “new normal” is still unfolding so we must “back our future” for all New Zealanders.
Always happy to chat over a cuppa, or the supermarket trolly, txt 0273063541 or Brenda.email@example.com if you wish to discuss anything?