As I type, we’re in Level 3 – with lots of discussions going on about how the library and service centre will look and serve you at Level 2.
As it’s a case of moving goalposts, it is hard to predict EXACTLY how things will look and work.
What we do know is:
· Numbers in the building – including the library – will be limited. We have a small space, so trying to maintain a 2-metre distance between us all will be tricky.
· If you are unwell – please stay home.
· If you need to return library items – and restock – and don’t feel comfortable out in public / in a public space – we may be able to organise a homebound service for the duration. This is not limited by age, however our older customers are our priority in this instance.
· Please wear a mask while in public – including in our building.
· Signing in: as well as many QR code posters in the building, we will have ‘ballot box’ type slips for you to manually sign in. These will be kept securely in date bundles. These will be what the Covid tracing team will use to contact you, if necessary. Once they are not needed, they will be disposed of securely.
Once we open, we hope to offer the Ready-to-go-Reads service. (The form is currently offline, but will be back at Level 2.) Fill in the form, and our team will select five books for you. We will contact you to arrange pickup. aucklandlibraries.govt.nz/Pages/ready-to-go-reads.aspx.
Need more recommendations? Feeling like you’ve read everything? Check out our My Librarian service – a curated list of recommendations just for you! Or your children / grandchildren.
Around the World in 14 Days: The school holidays programme will be offered online, through Auckland Libraries’ Beanstack channel. This is a great way to challenge anyone in your bubble to keep reading – and explore different reads. aucklandlibraries.beanstack.com/. We hope to have activity packs families can take home on the theme of Around the World in 14 Days. https://www.aucklandlibraries.govt.nz/Pages/school-holidays.aspx. You can find out more about the school holiday programme here: aucklandlibraries.govt.nz/Pages/school-holidays.aspx
Auckland Libraries’ Covid update page lets you all know what is available at the current time: aucklandlibraries.govt.nz/Pages/covid-19-update.aspx.
Once we are open, and you have any questions or requests, you can email us at: email@example.com
Or phone us on 0800 695 427. You will be helped by our amazing Library Connect team who will help you, and redirect your call to Helensville Library if necessary.
We are all looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Senior Librarian / Poukokiri - Children & Youth, Helensville Library and Service Cente