Thank you to all who made our first Book Tasting Event such a success.
Thanks to the first COVID-19 lockdown, an idea percolating in Anya’s head came to fruition. Alas, the actual event was delayed due to the second lockdown. It was worth waiting for. 40(ish) enthusiastic Helensville book fans mingled and chatted over books, nibbles, and soups and snacks.
Because it was our first Book Tasting, we did have a plan for the evening – which was derailed quickly and wonderfully.
Each attendee was given a Menu and Tasting Notes brochure, a Doggie Bag receipt, and a bookmark. Handing in the Doggie Bag receipt resulted in receiving a Mystery Book – all wrapped in paper. (If you forgot to issue your mystery book on the night, please remember to bring it back in four weeks time ??.)
There were nine colour-themed tables to explore, with a mixture of genres and books for all ages – encouraging people to explore and meet new-to-them topics and genres.
Some of the feedback we have received includes:
- Fantastic! Well thought out and a lot of effort obviously went in to make for a very enjoyable evening.
- Superb – magnifico – MORE PLEASE – enjoyed it immensely.
- Wonderful!!! Great organisation. Fab selection. Fantastic librarians.
- Excellent “production”. Great ambiance; and food. Brilliant idea. Well done!
- Thank you for a really nice evening. The food was so tasty, and enjoyed checking the books out. Thank you to you all.
- Thank you for all you do. Your efforts for book tasting were truly appreciated. Supper was totally unexpected and delicious. Thank you also for opening my reading eyes to whole new worlds of possibility. Hope we will be able to do it again.
- Thanks for a really fun and novel event (see what I did there? ??). Keen for another one at some stage.
- What a wonderful evening! Thank you so much to the Amazing Helensville Library staff - a perfect community event. ??????
Photos from the night are available on facebook.com/HelensvilleLibrary.
Thanks, once again, to all who attended.
But a GIANT THANK YOU and round of applause for Anya the Awesome, who made it all happen. Her design and organising skills came to the fore. (I’m working on getting the lime dessert recipe off her – and putting it up on our Facebook page.)
Massive thanks to Sally, who supported and guided Anya – and made the soups.
I’ll take some of the thanks for having the loudest voice in the Library team. Oh, and my teeny-flower-pompom making abilities.
Rest assured, we are planning to hold another one in the future. We just need to recover from Arts in the Ville, Summer Reading programmes, Christmas…
You can keep up-to-date with Library happenings on our Facebook page.
Anne - Senior Librarian / Poukokiri - Children & Youth, Helensville Library